DRYER VENT CLEANING
Marshall Cleaning Service provides professional dryer vent cleaning for both residential and commercial properties. When your dryer is functioning poorly, it is likely due to a clogged or debris-filled dryer vent line. Lint, debris, and other common sources of dryer vent clogs can not only affect the efficiency of your dryer, but they can also be a serious fire hazard, or possibly carbon monoxide poisoning.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 15,000 fires are sparked every year by clothes dryers. Lint and other debris can build up in your dryer vent, reducing air flow to the dryer, backing up dryer exhaust gases, creating a fire hazard.
Our dryer vent cleaning services remove the fire hazards from your dryer vent line and offer many other benefits related to your dryer’s performance. By restoring the right airflow throughout your dryer vent line, you can reduce drying time, improve energy efficiency, and decrease wear on your dryer and clothes.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Cleaning the dryer vent enables the dryer to perform properly at peak performance
• Cleaning the dryer vent allows clothes to dry more quickly and evenly saving you time
• Cleaning the dryer vent creates peace of mind by eliminating a potential fire hazard
• Cleaning the dryer vent can save $18-$24 on monthly power bills
• Cleaning the dryer vent limits mold, mildew and other bacteria on your clothes and in your home
SIGNS YOU NEED DRYER VENT CLEANING
• It takes more than one drying cycle to dry one load of laundry
• Your dryer is hot to the touch indicating it is overheating
• Your clothes smell "musty" after being in the dryer
• You see an increase in energy bills (dryer has to run longer and work harder to dry clothes)
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MY DRYER VENT IS CLOGGED
Reduces airflow and forces your dryer to work harder, which can cause:
• Temperature of the dryer to increase dramatically
• Accelerated thermostat failure
• Higher energy consumption
• Reduction in the lifespan of your appliance
WHAT DOES THE U.S. FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT HAVE TO SAY
Clogged dryer vents can be costly to a home so cleaning the dryer vent is extremely important for a number of reasons.
According to the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), a full load of wet clothes can contain up to one and a half gallons of water. With the drying process:
• Moisture is removed along with tiny fibers (lint)
• Lint and other debris accumulate in dryer vent ductwork
• Dark, moist ductwork becomes an ideal breeding ground for mold
Cleaning the dryer vent will cleanse the dryer vent system, removing all debris that have built up over time. Cleaning the dryer vent is an often overlooked, but an important step in maintaining your home or building. A good rule of thumb is to have dryer vent and air duct cleaning performed at the same time.
Cleaning the dryer vent is also significant in reducing the risk of fire to your home. According to a recent FEMA study, 28% of residential clothes dryer fires were caused by dust, fiber and lint. Every year, there are an estimated 2,900 clothes dryer fires causing an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries and $35 million in property loss.
Facts about home clothes dryer fires
• 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
• Failure to clean the dryer (34 percent) is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires.
• More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.
WHY DRYER VENT CLEANING
Keep Your Home & Family Safe
Obstructed dryer vents are the source of thousands of house fires every year. People often ignore or don't recognize the signs of a clogged dryer vent, and this seemingly small oversight can have disastrous results, including the loss of life and property. The best way to prevent house fires from starting in or around your dryer is to have Marshall Cleaning Service take a look at your dryer vent system.
As your dryer vent becomes clogged, drying time gradually increases. While you may not notice the extra few minutes at first, the drying cycle will continue to take longer as the vents become more clogged until you eventually have to run a second cycle in order to dry clothes completely.
You can reclaim your time that would be lost to extended or repeated drying cycles by having Marshall Cleaning Service clean your vents!
If you’re spending extra time to dry clothes completely due to a clogged dryer vent, you are also spending extra on utilities. Extended or extra drying cycles also mean your clothes will be subjected to more wear and weathering. Calling Marshall Cleaning Service will shorten your drying time, you’ll use less power and save your clothing from excessive damage.
THE MARSHALL DIFFERENCE
* Visual Inspection: Our service begins with a thorough visual inspection during which an experienced technician will assess your dryer vent system and recommend the services that will best solve your dryer vent issues.
* Measurements: Airflow and back pressure measurements are taken in order to further assess the severity of the blockage and other problem sources.
* Debris & Clog Removal: Lint, animal nests, stray socks or undergarments, and other items and materials that may clog your dryer vent are removed.
* Line Sanitizing: Animal nests or other debris often found in vent lines can be a source of harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi; where there is a potential for such contaminants. Marshall will alert you to these areas of your vent so you can have the infected area of your vent replaced.
* Booster Fan Cleaning: Dryer vent lines that are 30-40 feet or longer should have a booster fan installed, which should also be cleaned annually along with your dryer vent system as a whole.
* Lint Screen Cleaning: Removing lint by hand from the lint screen or lint trap should, of course, be done after each cycle, but a more thorough lint screen cleaning as part of our dryer vent cleaning service can also increase airflow and efficiency overall.
Marshall Cleaning Service offers thorough dryer vent cleaning to make each vent system we clean safer and more efficient!
Ask About Our Commercial Cleaning Service! 865-213-1601