At Marshall Cleaning Service, we are committed to providing you with the most thorough and efficient gutter cleaning services in the Knoxville area. Cleaning out gutters may seem like a simple process, but if not done properly, it can create even more problems for you as a homeowner. Upon arriving at your home, our certified crew will conduct an extensive evaluation of your gutter system. This allows us to keep you informed about any issues that we may feel need to be addressed regarding your gutter system. We will begin our service by clearing away any loose debris, leaves, straw and other foliage that may find its way on your roof or in the gutter system. By starting at the top, we ensure a complete and thorough clean up. Gutter cleaning with Marshall begins with the use of powerful pressure washing or blowers that remove various forms of debris from the gutters and downspouts. In some instances, a large cluster of leaves, straw or other loose particles may become lodged in the track, which our standard cleaning technique may not be able to dislodge. Because we pride ourselves on complete, total cleaning, we will manually remove any large obstructions that become too tough manually. Our team will also check your downspouts to check for clogs or jams that may have been missed during our work. Problems with the downspouts can arise if gutter cleaning has been neglected or delayed for an extended period of time. In these situations, we will disassemble the downspout, ensuring it that is clean and clear of any obstructions. Then we’ll properly and securely reassemble the system. Such serious clogs are not common and are usually the result of maintenance negligence or overabundance of loose debris in the area. After we clean the gutters, we’ll clean up after ourselves so the only thing that you’re left with is 100% satisfaction. At Marshall Cleaning Service, we strive to be the most professional and thorough gutter cleaning company in the Knoxville area. We never take shortcuts and will always ensure your complete satisfaction before we call it a day. Give our office a call today at 865-414-9537 to learn more about our services, receive a free estimate or to schedule service.
GUTTER & DOWNSPOUT CLEANING
Includes the following for one flat rate. Our crew will work from your roof, using a very effective technique to ensure the cleanliness of your home:
- Roof Clean – We will remove all debris off the roofing, out of the valleys, and clean all those areas on your roofing that collect debris such as behind your chimneys, vent pipes, etc.
- Gutter Cleaning – Clean out all of your gutters (including underneath most types of guards)
- Downspout Cleaning – Check and clear all your downspouts.
- Ground Clean-up – When completed, we will perform a thorough cleanup of all the areas where debris might have fallen during the cleaning. If neglected, gutter cleaning can be a messy task, but our goal is always that your property will be left at least as clean, or cleaner than it was when we arrived.
***Upon request, we may provide any of the following services: (at an additional cost)*** Check underground drains: Once checked, some may require jetting or other repairs. Additional fees apply. Marshall can coordinate all additional work with local vendors if required. Install Gutter Protection: We offer several effective types. Trimming tree branches which are near or touching the roof. We can cut them back from the house to prevent damage to the shingles. We do not haul the branches away, and will need to place them somewhere in the yard. Change flood lights: We can change any flood lights which you may want changed. We will provide the bulbs (Quality Philips 90W Flood halogen bulbs, rated at 2000 hrs) and install them, or you can supply your own bulbs. Please specify the bulbs to be changed or leave the lights turned on when we arrive, so we can clearly see which bulbs need replacing. Replace a few missing guards: We stock most basic types of gutter guards and can replace missing or damaged (missing clips) guards with new ones. Please note that if you are missing a few screens, your screens in general are likely in a state of disarray. It may be worth considering a better quality gutter cover. Seal leaky seams: Seams need to be cleaned, dried, and scraped to properly seal the seam. We do not warranty that this re-sealing of the old seam will last, as there are many factors which may prevent the sealing of an existing / old seam from lasting. General Roof / Gutter Repairs: We make most all roof repairs at the same time as gutter cleaning. Replace Worn, Leaking, or Damaged Vent Boots and much more.
ISSUES CAUSED BY CLOGGED GUTTERS
- Leaking Basements and Cracked Foundations: Did you know that clogged gutters are the number one cause of basement water leaks? Did you also know that most home insurance policies do not cover water damage caused by leaking roofs or clogged gutters? If your gutters do not move water away from your foundation, the puddling water will just be standing there against your foundation, causing it to weaken and eventually crack. We know homeowners who have spent thousands of dollars to repair flood damage caused by clogged gutters.
- Rotted Wood: When gutters are filled to the top with debris, the debris acts as a wick, and continually draws moisture up to the wood fascia boards and even up to the roof sheathing and framing boards. The result is rotting wood, sometimes visible, but frequently hidden from view until the roof starts leaking or the gutters start to sag or fall off.
- Breeding Ground for Insects, Plants and Critters: Debris left in a gutter can create a dam, causing ponds of water inside your gutters. These conditions are ideal for breeding mosquitoes and other insects. Some critters such as mice and birds also like to make their homes in clogged gutters. Some gutters have been clogged so long that plants and trees start growing in them.
- Sagging Driveways and Walkways: When clogged gutters overflow, the water can settle near driveways, walkways, and foundations, instead of being diverted away from your house. Over time, this water can get under the concrete and wash some of the soil away, causing sagging and cracking.
GUTTER CLEANING FAQS
If you are looking for a gutter cleaning company in the Knoxville area, you already know how important it is to keep your gutters clean. What you may not understand is how the process works and what to expect from a professional gutter cleaning. Here at Marshall Cleaning Service, we believe an informed customer is a happy customer and we strive to make sure you understand the process and what is involved. Here are a few commonly asked questions about gutter cleaning in the Knoxville area and the services we provide. Do I Need To Be Home For Cleaning Services? No, it is not necessary that you rearrange your schedule to be home when our cleaning crew arrives. Since all of our work is done outside, there is no need to enter your home so no one needs to be there to let the crew in. Insurance regulations strictly prohibit homeowners handling our equipment or helping in any way, so there is absolutely no reason for homeowners to feel obligated to be home while we work. Will There Be Lots Of Clean Up For Me To Do After The Cleaning? Usually, there is very little clean up for the homeowner to do after a professional gutter cleaning. Our crew is usually able to clear away debris from patios, driveways and decks and blend the rest of the debris into the landscaping. For highly manicured and cultivated lawns and gardens, blending the debris into the landscaping may be harder and require special clean up from the homeowner after the crew leaves. It is our intention to leave your landscaping looking as good if not better than it was before we arrived, and will do everything possible to keep your clean up work load light. It’s important that any vehicles be moved away from the home during the cleaning process to eliminate any possibility of debris. What Do You Use To Clear The Gutters and Downspouts? Is It Safe? We use a pressure washer to clean and clear your gutters and downspouts. This is a safe, effective way to clear out debris and clogs and requires the use of no harsh chemicals. We understand you may have more questions than the few addressed here and invite you to call us at 865-414-9537 to learn more about our services and how we can help you. Proudly serving the Knoxville, TN area, Marshall Cleaning Service will help you understand the process, provide you with an estimate and help you clean and maintain your gutters all year round.